16 July, 2014

Paperchase Wishlist - Buy all the things!


Stationary. Lets talk about stationary. Unlike most school children, my favourite time of year was that busy week or two before the start of the school year when you were dragged with your mother to the school book shop to queue up and buy your new school books. (Yup, we queued, the internet did not exist then my friends.) The heavy purchase of new school books, brought new copy books too. 

I literally got excited by 88 and 120 page copy books and swore blind that I would only use them for my 'nice writing'. I would flick through the school books taking in their new book smell and wonder for while about how my new copy books would be filled. What work would take place in these new copies, what lessons would I learn and what homework would I do?

Of course none of these empty copy books, with their academic possibilities could reach their potential unless I was fully equipped with a bulging pencil case overflowing with pens in every colour, erasers in every shape and size and because I had a love of art, I had allllll the pencils. 2B, 5B, 6B, I had them all. Sharpened to precision and well taken care of. Those pencils were like close friends, seen in my company often, with protective maternal feelings often expressed about them.

My love for stationary continues to this very day. While my school days are well behind me, my career days are here, alive and well, and there is probably at least another 30 years before my retirement days arrive. My need for stationary is just as important to me now as it was then and it will come as no surprise that I have a big fat girl crush on Paperchase. A big fat girl crush that means I receive their email newsletter, pooch through their sale stock and take stationary loving visitors to Manchester to visit their anchor store. There is no doubt. I love Paperchase. We're in a relationship and we're fully committed.

As my professional roles have always contained an administrative and managerial element, I find I'm always in list making mode. Lists to ensure tasks are complete, lists to ensure the customer is happy, lists to ensure I and the team are meeting deadlines. Given my creative background, using cute (but practical!) stationary that gives a sneek peek into my personality ensures that I'm never fully in 'power suit mode' and assists in me enjoying the creation of what sometimes feel like endless lists upon lists upon lists.

At the moment, I'm lusting over the following and with payday on the horizon, a trip through the busy streets of Manchester to my beloved Paperchase just might on the cards! We need a date, it's been a while and I'd hate for our relationship to get a bit rusty!







All of the above items can be purchased via the Paperchase website.

5 comments :

  1. Hehehe! I too love Paperchase. Their meal planners and desk planners are my current favourites. But with the new academic year starting, I may need some fancy new stationary for the final year of my PhD! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love Paperchase; I'm off for a little spree there this weekend! x

    jenniewren3.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Rebecca I didnt need to see this. I now want all the things, which I dont really need!

    xXx

    Follow me too? Oh So Gawjess

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely adore paperchase I could easily spend all my money in there xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love pretty stationary so much xxx

    ReplyDelete

Comments big or small makes LuckyRainbows day and I read each and everyone. So stop by, say hello and hey,lets be friends!

Related Posts with Thumbnails